A creamier and richer twist to the traditional matar paneer with fresh and creamy khoya. This rich Khoya Matar Paneer is sure to make for special dinners and small gatherings. Woo the hearts of your family and friends with this quick and delicious recipe.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 17-20 minutes
Recipe Yield: 4 servings
Alternate Names: Paneer Matar Curry, Khoya Paneer Masala, Paneer Masala Curry, Paneer Recipe, Khoya Matar Recipe
Procedure for making Khoya Matar Paneer:
- Heat some refined oil in a kadhai and add bay leaf, cloves and cardamom to it. Saute the ingredients lightly till you can feel the aroma.
- Now add chopped onion and saute till they turn light red and translucent in color.
- Then add paste of ginger-garlic and green chilli and saute it with the other ingredients for 1 minute.
- Add the powdered spices (turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and black pepper powder) to the kadhai and again mix and saute for 1 minute.
- Then add tomato paste and again mix and saute.
- When the tomato paste is nicely cooked then added the coarsely ground paste of almonds and mix well. Saute for a few seconds.
- Then add green peas to the cooking ingredients and mix well.
- Now add water for gravy, into the kadhai. Add water as per your requirement and then cover the kadhai with a lid. Lower the flame to lowest level and allow the gravy to cook while you prepare the paneer pieces.
- Heat some refined oil on a tawa and then place the paneer pieces over it. Flip carefully to stir fry the paneer pieces, till they turn light crispy red in color.
- Now remove the lid from the kadhai and take a green peas. Mash it with your finger to check if it is nicely cooked.
- Now take the khoya or mawa, and crumble it with your hands. Add it to the cooking gravy and mix well.
- Then add the sauteed paneer pieces and cook them in the gravy for 1-2 minutes. Then turn off the flame. Khoya Matar Paneer curry is ready to be served hot with poori, paratha, roti or phulka.