Cake is a sweet desert prepared by baking. Though it is liked by people of all ages, it's the most favorite sweet dish for children. It's prepared mainly to celebrate occassions like wedding anniversaries and birthdays. Please your kids by preparing an eggless chocolate cake with the help of this easy recipe given below:
Preparation Time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes
Recipe yield: 1 kg cake
- All purpose flour (maida) - 1 cup
- Cocoa Powder - 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 3/4 or slightly less than 1 cup
- Curd (Dahi) - 1 cup
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Refined oil/Desi Ghee/Butter - 1 table spoon
- Baking Powder - 1 tea-spoon levelled
- Baking soda - 1/2 tea-spoon
- 2-3 drops of vanilla essence if required
- Grated chocolate or nutella for garnish
- Sieve the all purpose flour (maida) along with baking powder and baking soda in a deep mixing vessel. Sieve will help in uniformly mixing the ingredients and remove impurities if any.
- Add cocoa powder to this mixture and mix it well too, to bring a uniform brown color.
- In another vessel take curd (dahi), sugar and milk. Whisk the 3 ingredients till the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add less than 1/2 cup of refined oil or ghee or butter to the curd solution prepared. whisk again to mix all ingredients well. (add vanilla essence to it now, if required)
- Pour this solution in the vessel containing maida mixture slowly. Start mixing the contents in wrap and fold method and prepare the batter. (Do not whisk)
- Now grease a deep borosil vessel of desired shape with oil/ghee or butter. Pour the batter into it. Do not fill the vessel to the brim. Leave atleast 1.5 inch space from top.
- Microwave the prepared cake batter at 800 centigrade for 6-7 minutes.
- Once done, leave it in the oven for 2 minutes and then allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Invert the borosil vessel and tap to take out the cake in a beautiful serving plate.
- Use nutella or grated chocolate to garnish the cake and serve.
(Tips: 1. Do not whisk the contents while adding curd solution to maida mixture to form the cake batter. Only mix. 2. Remove the cake from the vessel only when it has cooled down completely to room temperature. This will allow the cake to settle in the shape of the vessel and come out as one single big piece.)