Cheese Garlic Toasties is a variaion of the Brazilian Cheese Bread. Topped with stir fried veggies or mushrooms or cottage cheese (paneer) and mozzarella cheese, this dish is a quick and delicious breakfast or snack item. Prepare this yummy snck with the recipe below which is very easy to cook:
Preparation Time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10-12 minutes
Nutrition Value: This snack is a storehouse of carbohydrates, fibres, carotenoids and vitamins, along with calcium from cheese.
Recipe yield: 1
- White Bread slices - 2 (Brown bread can also be used)
- Tomate Sauce - 3 table spoon
- Onion (pyaz)- 1/2 small finely chopped
- Green chilli (hari mirch) - 1 finely chopped
- Capsicum (green or red or yellow) - 1 small finely chopped
- Garlic cloves (lehsun) - 2 table spoon grated
- Salt to taste
- Crushed black pepper (kali mirch) - 1/2 tea spoon
- Mozzarella cheese - 1 cup grated
- Refined oil - 1/2 table spoon to stir fry the vegetables
- Toast the bread slices in a toaster. Remove the slices to a plate when half toasted.
- With a spoon spread a layer of tomato sauce on each of them.
- In a pan heat the refined oil, and add chopped onions (pyaz) to it. Now add the remaining veggies and chopped green chilli (hari mirch). Add salt for taste and stir fry till the vegetables become tender but remain crunchy.
- Spread a layer of stir fried veggies on the bread slices. On this layer, now sprinkle the grated garlic (lehsun).
- Sprinkle some black pepper powder (kali mirch), and cover all of it with a layer of grated mozzarella cheese.
- Now grill the bread slices for 7 minutes.
- Transfer the grilled bread slices to a plate. Cut them into two triangular halves and serve in a beautiful dish.
(Tips: 1. Do not overcook the veggies. They should retain their crunchiness.)
SHARE YOUR FEEDBACK