Gulab Jamun is one of the favorite Indian delicacies since ancient times. Besides India, this dessert is famous across other Asian countries as well. They are soft and spongy, and when eaten hot they melt in the mouth leaving behind a creamy sweet taste. Learn to make these mouth-watering gulab jamun at home by yourself with the help of the below step by step recipe:
Preparation Time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking Time: 35-40 minutes
Recipe Yeild: 8 (2 per serving)
- Khoya – 250 grams
- All purpose flour (Maida) - 2.5 table spoon
- Meetha Soda (khane wala soda) - 1/4 tea spoon
- Sugar - 1 cup (250 ml)
- Water - 1 cup (250 ml)
- Cardamom (chhoti elaichi) - 4
- Refined Oil - To fry the Gulab jamun balls
Sugar Syrup (chashini) preparation:
- In a deep vessel (bhagona or pateela), pour water and add sugar to it. Boil the wtaer.
- Add cardamom (chhoti elaichi) when the contents come to boil and stir.
- Increase the flame and allow the sugar syrup (chashini) to boil for 5 minutes.
- Check the consistency of the sugar syrup by dropping a few drops of it in a fresh plate. If it does not flow and stays, then the consistency of the sugar syrup is perfectly fine. Remember the sugar syrup should not be be extra flowy like water, and not very thick. You can also check its consistency with your fingers. If it is starts becoming sticky then the consistency is perfectly fine.
Gulab Jamun Balls preparation:
- In a flat plate take the khoya, all purpose flour and meetha soda. Mix well and smoothen it.
- Now make small balls of the dough prepared and keep them in a seperate plate.
- Heat the refined oil in a deep kadhai on high flame. (take enough oil so that gulab jamun balls are completely submerged in the oil while frying)
- Then lower the flame, and after a few seconds put the gulab jamun balls in the kadhai for frying.
- Fry these balls slowly on low flame (to cook them till inside), and till they turn golden red from all sides. (Fry few balls till golden red and remaining balls till dark red. Both these type of gulab jamun look good and taste delicious). Keep them in a plate and fry the remaining gulab jamun balls.
- Now put these fried gulab jamun balls in the luke warm sugar syrup prepared earlier.
- Allow them to rest in it for half hour. This will allow them to absorb the sugar syrup and swell to big round ball size.
- Serve them hot or when at room temperature.
SHARE YOUR FEEDBACK