Besan ka Halwa made with gram flour and enriched with dry fruits and raisins, is a very delicious dish loaded with a lot of energy and taste. This dish can be prepared in very less time. So, satisfy your untimely cravings for sweet dish with its recipe given below:
Preparation Time: 5 minutes for content assimilation
Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
Nutritional content: This dish is a storehouse of carbohydrates, proteins and energy.
Taste type: Mild sweet to sweet (depending upon sweetness required)
Recipe yield: 4 servings
- Gram flour (besan) - 1 cup
- Desi ghee - 1/2 cup
- Sugar to taste (small variety) - 1/3 of a cup to produce a mild sweet taste
- Dry fruits - ½ small cup
- Cashews (kaju) and Almonds (badaam) - crushed to small pieces
- Raisins (kismis)
- Cardamom powder (chhoti elaichi) – 2 cloves
- Water as per requirement
- Heat a kadhai and desi ghee to it. To the hot desi ghee add gram flour (besan) and start stirring instantly.
- Continuously stir the gram flour (besan) for uniform distribution of heat and sauté it till golden red over low flame.
- Now add sugar to it and mix well.
- Add cardamom powder (chhoti elaichi) and mix well .
- Add a little water to the halwa mixture prepared. Keep stirring so that no lumps are formed. Remember, not to add excess water, because it will make the mixture flowy. Turn off the flame.
- Transfer it to a beautiful dish. Garnish with crushed nuts (kaju, badaam), raisins (kismis) and serve hot.
- Or grease a separate plate with ghee. Spread the halwa uniformly onto the plate and allow it to cool to room temperature. Cut small pieces of the halwa of different shapes (rectangle, triangle, square etc) and serve in a beautiful dish.
(Tips: 1. Always use a thick base vessel to sauté the gram flour; 2. Continuous stirring of the gram flour is required to avoid it’s blackening)
SHARE YOUR FEEDBACK