Hari Mirch Ki Kalonji or Stuffed Hari Mirch is delectable recipe of spiced up fresh green chillis and can be served with hot steamed rice and dal or curry. Learn how to make this dish with the help of step by step photos and detailed recipe given below:
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes
Recipe Yield: 3
- Long sized Green Chilli (lambe aakar ki hari mirch) - 3
- Mustard Seeds (sarson dana) - 1 table spoon
- Garlic Petals (lehsun ki kali) - 6
- Salt as per taste (namak swaad anusar)
- Turmeric Powder (haldi powder) - 1 tea spoon
- Cumin Seeds Powder (jeera powder) - 1/2 tea spoon
- Black Pepper Powder (kali mirch powder) - 1/2 tea spoon
- Red Chilli Powder (lal mirch powder) - 1/2 tea spoon
- Dry Mango Powder (amchur powder or khatai) - 1/2 tea spoon
- Mustard Oil (sarson ka tel) - as per requirement for frying
- Wash the green chillis (hari mirch) well with plain water and slit them open with a knife at their center along the length (lambai mein beech se cheera lagadein).
- In a mixer jar take the garlic petals (lehsun ki kali) and mustard seeds (sarson dana) and grind the ingredients to form a fine paste.
- Transfer the paste to a plate and add the powdered spices (haldi powder, lal mirch powder, kali mirch powder, jeera powder, amchur powder) and sal as per taste (namak swaad anusar) to it. Mix all ingredients to form a uniform masala paste.
- Now stuff the masala in a green chilli (hari mirch) and apply a little on its outside. Prepare all the chillis in the same manner.
- Now grease a tawa with 1 tea spoon mustard oil and heat it over high flame. Lower the flame when the oil is heated nicely and then place all the prepared green chillis (hari mirch) on the tawa to cook.
- Allow the stuffed green chillis (hari mirch) to cook slowly over low flame. When one side is cooked and turns red then turn it slowly to cook on the other sides.
- Flip and cook all the stuffed green chillis (hari mirch) in the similar manner and then the stuffed green chillis or hari mirch ki kalonji is now ready to be served.
(Tips: Cook the stuffed green chillis (hari mirch) over low flame so that the masala stuffed in the green chillis (hari mirch) is also cooked nicely)