Sooji Aur Nariyal Ki Barfi is a delicious Indian Dessert that can be made very easily and quickly at home. You can have it as either snack or dessert and can also be served while greeting guests at home. Learn how to make this easy dish with the help of step by step photos and detailed recipe given below:
Preparation Time: 5 minute
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Recipe Yield: 9 pieces
- Coconut Powder (nariyal powder) - 1 big cup
- Semolina (sooji) - 1 big cup
- Condensed Milk - 1/2 tin or 200 grams
- Milk (doodh) - 1 big cup
- Sugar (cheeni) - 2 table spoon (optional)
- Dry Fruits - as per requirement for garnishing
- Almonds (badaam)
- Pistachios (pista)
- Heat a kadhai and take the semolina (sooji) in it. Now dry roast the semolina (sooji) till it turns golden brown in color.
- Transfer the roasted semolina (sooji) to a plate and then take the coconut powder (nariyal powder) in the same kadhai.
- Dry roast the coconut powder (nariyal powder) in the same manner till it turns golden brown in color.
- Now heat a kadhai and pour the condensed milk into it.
- When it is warm enough then add 1 cup milk to it and stir to mix the tw ingredients nicely and form a uniform solution.
- If you wish to add sugar in it then add sugar as per taste to the milk and condensed milk solution.
- Stir and cook over high flame for 2 minutes.
- Take the roasted semolina (sooji) and coconut powder (nariyal powder) in a plate and mix it with hands. Now transfer this mixture to the kadhai containing the milk and condensed milk solution.
- Stir continuously and allow ingredients to cook. After some time the semolina (sooji) will swell and get mixed with the coconut powder (nariyal powder) nicely forming a soft dough.
- When the entire milk solution gets soaked up and the mixture takes up a halwa like texture then turn off the flame.
- Now grease a big plate with some ghee and transfer the mixture from the kadhai to this plate. Add dryfruits on top of this mixture and then spread the mixture in the plate to form a flat and even layer with the help of the back side of a flat based bowl.
- Allow the mixture to cool for 15-20 minutes. Then cut barfi shaped pieces out of this mixture (square/rectangular/diamond). The sooji and nariyal ki barfi are now ready to be serve.