There's nothing better than the combination of icy cold winters and a bowl of hot and creamy mushroom soup. The taste of mushrooms blended with cream are sure to pamper your taste buds. Learn how to make this restaurant style creamy mushroom soup with the help of step by step photos and detailed recipe given below:
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Recipe Yield: 2 servings
- Mushroom - 100 gms
- Salt as per taste
- Black Pepper Powder (kali mirch powder) - 1/2 tea spoon
- Cumin Seeds Powder (jeera powder) - 1/2 tea spoon
- Red Chilli Powder (lal mirch powder) - 1/2 tea spoon
- Parsley Powder as per requirement (you can use fresh parsley if the powdered form is not available)
- Olive Oil - 1 tea spoon
- Fresh Cream - 1/2 cup
- Doodh - 1 big cup
- Onion (pyaz) - 1 small sized finely chopped
- Garlic Petals (lehsun ki kali) - 4 finely chopped
- Ginger (adrak) - 1/2" piece finely chopped
- Wash the mushrooms nicely using hands. Then chop the mushrooms into thin and long slices.
- Now peel the onion (pyaz), garlic petals (lehsun ki kali) and ginger (adrak) and wash them well. Then finely chop the ingredients into small pieces.
- Heat 1 table spoon olive oil in a pan and add chopped garlic petals (lehsun ki kali) and ginger (adrak) to it. Saute them till they turn golden red.
- Now add the chopped onion (pyaz) to tha kadhai and saute them till they turn light red in color. (Remember, that onion should not turn black)
- Then add the chopped mushrooms and salt to the kadhai. The salt in the kadhai will help the mushroom to soften easily and will release water. Cook the mushroom slowly over medium flame only.
- Add cream to the kadhai and stir rigorously to mix all the ingredients.
- After stirring for 1 minute add milk to the kadhai. Keep stirring till the milk comes to boil.
- After this add cumin seeds powder (jeera powder), red chilli powder (lal mirch powder) and black pepper powder (kali mirch powder) together to the kadhai and mix the ingredients well while the milk is boiling.
- Stir the boiling milk for 1 minute and then add a little parsley and turn off the flame.
- Serve the soup prepared in beautiful soup balls and garnish with parsley. The soup is ready to be served hot.
(You can make this soup in desired quantity. Here we have provided directions for making soup for 2 servings.)