Oats ka Upma is a famous for its rich fibre content and goodness of various vegetables in it. It can be made in very little oil and with the use of a variety or gren vegetables. Learn how to make this recipe with step by step photos and detailed recipe given below:
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Recipe Yield: 2 servings
- Oats - 1 cup
- Olive Oil - 1 tea spoon
- Onion (pyaz) - 1 finely chopped
- Green Chilli (hari mirch) - 3 finely chopped
- Ginger (adrak) - 1 inch piece finely chopped
- Carrot (gajar) - 1 finely chopped
- Beans - 2 finely chopped
- Green Peas (hari matar) - 1/4 cup
- Salt as per taste
- Water - 2 cups (double the amount of oats)
- Heat a kadhai and add 1/2 tea spoon olive oil to it. Now add the oats to it and saute them till light red in color. Now transfer the oats to a seperate plate and keep it aside to be used later.
- To the same kadhai add the remaining 1/2 tea spoon olive oil. Then add the chopped onion (pyaz), ginger (adrak) and green chilli (hari mirch) to the kadhai. Saute the ingredients till they turn red. After this add the chopped carrot (gajar), green peas (hari matar ka dana) and a little salt to the kadhai. Stir and cover the kadhai with a lid to allow the vegetables to cook. Remove the lid after 3-4 minutes and check if the vegetables are cooked and have become soft. Cook the vegetables on low flame.
- Now add the oats and mix well with the vegetables. Then add 2 cups water and a little more salt (a little more salt is required to balance the taste because the oats swell upon adding water and become double in quantity).
- When the water is absorbed completely and the oats get doubled in quantity, turn off the flame. The oats upma is now ready. Serve the oats upma hot in a beautiful dish.