Just one serving of the Falafel Sandwich is enough to kick-start your day and will keep you full for a long time. It is a delicious way to get more chickpeas on the menu. A bundle of nutrients and energy, packed between 2 slices of fresh bread makes up for a great tasty breakfast.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes for preparing the chana tikki or Chickpea Patty or Falafel Patty + 4-5 minute for preparing one sandwich
Recipe Yield: 4 sandwiches
Alternate Names: Falafel Sandwich, Kale Chane Ka Sandwich, Chickpea Sandwich, Falafel Patty, Chana Cutlet, Chana Tikki, Chana Sandwich, Chana Cutlet Sandwich, Chickpea Cutlet Sandwich, Chana Tikki Sandwich, lunch box recipe, tiffin recipe, Sunday Breakfast recipe, Healthy breakfast recipe
Ingredients for making Falafel Sandwich or Kale Chane Ka Sandwich or Chickpea Sandwich:
- Ingredients for making Chickpea Patty or Chana Patty or chana cutlet:
- Soaked Black Chickpeas or Bheega Hua Kala Chana - 1 cup
- Ginger or Adrak - 1 inch piece, finely grated
- Onion or Pyaz - 1 medium size, finely chopped
- Green Chilli or Hari Mirch - 5-6, finely chopped
- Coriander Leaves or Hara Dhaniya - as per requirement, finely chopped
- Turmeric Powder or Haldi - 1 tea spoon
- Cumin Powder or Jeera Powder - 1 tea spoon
- Black Pepper Powder or Kali Mirch Powder - 1 tea spoon
- Red Chilli Powder or Lal Mirch Powder - 1/2 tea spoon
- Salt as per taste
- Refined Oil - as per requirement
- Ingredients for making Chickpea Sandwich or Chana Patty or chana cutlet:
- Bread - 8 slices
- Onion or Pyaz - 1 medium size, cut into thin round slices
- Tomato or Tamatar - 1 medium size, cut into thin round slices
- Coriander Leaves or Hara Dhaniya - as per requirement
- Green Spicy Chutney or Hari Chutney - as per taste
- Tomato Sauce - as per taste
- Butter or Makhan - as per requirement
Process for making Falafel Sandwich or Kale Chane Ka Sandwich or Chickpea Sandwich:
- Transfer the soaked black chickpeas to a mixer jar and add 1-2 table spoon water to it. Do not add more water while grinding.
- Grind the soaked chickpeas into granular form.
- Transfer the ground black chickpeas to a plate or a mixing bowl. Add chopped coriander leaves, green chilli, ginger and onion to it. Mix all the ingredients together.
- Now add the powder spices (turmeric powder, cumin powder, black pepper powder, red chilli powder) and salt to the above mixture. Mix well again.
- Then heat a tawa or a non-stick pan and grease it with some oil.
- Take some of the above chickpea mixture in your palm and give it a desired shape with your palms or use a stensil to shape it.
- Reduce the flame to low level to allow the cutlet to cook on one side. When it is cooked on one side then flip it carefully to cook on the other side. Add more oil (refined oil or mustard oil) as needed. Cook the cutlet of chickpea patty or chana cutlet or chana patty until it is crispy red on both sides.
- Transfer the crispy chickpea cutlet to a plate and prepare the remaining cutlets in the same way. You can make 3-4 cutlets at a time if your using a big pan for making chana patty.
- Place 2 bread slices side by side in a plate. Spread green spicy chutney over one slice and tomato sauce on the other bread slice.
- Then place some onion rings, tomato slices, chopped coriander leaves and place on chickpea patty over it.
- Place the otner bread over this patty as shown in the image below.
- Grease a hot tawa or non-stick pan with some butter and place the sandwich over it. Cook the sandich till one side turn crispy golden and then flip it to cook on the other side in the same way.
- Prepare the remaining sandwiches in the same way and then serve hot with chutney or sauce.
SHARE YOUR FEEDBACK