Mushroom Masala Curry is a rich and delectable dish to be served with hot phulkas or parathas. Tender mushrooms cooked in creamy, spicy and a little tangy gravy together make up a palatable dish. Learn how to make this dish with the help of step by step photos and detailed recipe given below:
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Recipe Yield: 4 servings
- Mushroom - 200 gram
- Turmeric Powder (haldi powder) - 1 tea spoon
- Coriander Powder (dhaniya powder) - 1 tea spoon
- Red Chilli Powder (lal mirch powder) - 1/2 tea spoon
- Cumin Seeds Powder (jeera powder) - 1/2 tea spoon
- Black Pepper Powder (kali mirch powder) - 1/2 tea spoon
- Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 tea spoon
- Salt as per taste (namak swaad anusar)
- Curd (dahi) - 1 table spoon
- Fresh Cream or Malai - 1 table spoon
- Tomato (tamatar) - 1 big size chopped roughly
- Onion (pyaz) - 1 big size (1/2 roughly chopped + 1/2 finely chopped)
- Garlic Petals (lehsun ki kali) - 4
- Green Chilli (hari mirch) - 2
- Ginger (adrak) - 1/2 inch piece
- Almonds (badaam) - 7-8
- Refined Oil - 1 table spoon
- Coriander Leaves (hara dhaniya patti) - as per requirment for garnishing
- Wash the mushrooms well with luke warm water.
- In a mixer grinder take 1 tomato (tamatar), 1/2 onion (roughly chopped pyaz), garlic petals (lehsun ki kali), green chillis (hari mirch), ginger (adrak) and almonds (badaam) together to make a fine paste of the ingredients.
- In a small bowl take some water and add the spices (haldi powder, lal mirch powder, jeera powder, kali mirch powder, dahniya powder) and salt to taste (namak swaad anusar) to it. Mix to form a uniform solution.
- Heat 1 table spoon refined oil in kadhai and add the 1/2 onion (pyaz) that was finely chopped. Saute the onion (pyaz) till it turns light red in color.
- Now add the solution of spices prepared in the third step to the kadhai and cook it with the sauteed onion (pyaz).
- When the masala is half cooked then add the tomato paste to the kadhai (prepared in the first step). Stir and mix all the ingredients and now cook the entire masala together.
- When the masala is cooked well, then add the fresh cream or malai and curd (dahi) to the kadhai. Stir and mix it with the masala.
- Stir and cook the masala for a few seconds. Then add mushrooms, followed by garam masala powder and mix both the ingredients with the cooking masala.
- Now cover the kadhai with a lid and lower the flame. The mushrooms will release water due to the presence of the salt in the masala and get cooked easily.
- After 2-3 minutes remove the lid and add 2-3 table spoon water and mix it with mushrooms and the masala.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and then turn off the flame. Now transfer the curry prepared into a serving bowl. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and the palatable mushroom masala curry is ready to eat.