The mix vegetable dish is a quick, colorful and easy dish loaded with the taste of variety of vegetables. This dish can be served with rotis, pooris, parathas or rice. Learn how to make this mouth watering dish with the help of step by step photos and detailed recipe given below:
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Recipe Yeild: 4 servings
- Broccoli - 5-6 florets
- Red, Green and Yellow Capsicum (lal, hari, peeli shimla mirch) - 1 small cup equally chopped
- Green peas (hari matar ka dana) - 1 table spoon
- Carrot (gajar) - 1/2 piece carrot cut into long, thin and small pieces
- Green Chilli (hari mirch) - 3 cut along the length
- Baby Corn - 1 big spoon
- Onion (pyaz) - 1 big size (finely chopped)
- Tomato (tamatar) - 1 big size (finely chopped)
- Cloves (laung) - 3
- Garlic petals (lehsun ki kali) - 4 petals
- Ginger (adrak) - 1/2 inch piece
- Desi ghee - 1 big spoon
- Fresh cream - 1 big spoon
- Salt - as per taste
- Water - 1 cup
- Turmeric Powder (haldi powder) - 1 tea spoon
- Cumin Seeds Powder (jeera powder) - 1/2 tea spoon
- Black Pepper Powder (kali mirch powder) - 1/2 tea spoon
- Red Chilli Powder (lal mirch powder) - 1/2 tea spoon
- Coriander Powder (dhaniya powder) - 1 tea spoon
- Boil some water in a deep vessel. Now add broccoli to it and keep boiling for 4-5 minutes. Then rinse the broccoli with chilled water from the refrigerator. (This step will help broccli to enhance its beautiful green color)
- Now take half the amount of onion (pyaz), garlic petals (lehsun ki kali), tomato, ginger (adrak) and clove (laung) in a mixer jar and grind them into a fine paste. Transfer this paste to a plate and add all spices (haldi powder, jeera powder, kali mirch powder, lal mirch powder) and salt and mix well. The masala for the mix veg is ready to be used in later steps.
- Heat the desi ghee in kadhai and add the remaining chopped onion to it. Saute the onion till it turns light red, and then add the masala prepared to it. Lower the flame and allow the masala to cook.
- When the masala is cooked properly and the desi ghee begins to seperate from it, then add fresh cream to it and mix well.
- Now add broccoli, capsicum (lal, peeli, hari shimla mirch), carrot (gajar), green peas (hari matar) and baby corns to the kadhai. Mix and keep stirring for 2 minutes. Then add 1 cup water and cover the kadhai with a lid and allow the vegetables to cook. Check the vegetables at regular intervals . Cook the vegetables till they become tender and the gravy reduces in amount to form a creamy texture. Then turn off the flame.
- Now transfer this dish to a beautiful serving bowl and serve hot with parathas, rotis or rice.