The baby corn and cherry tomatoes gravy is a colorful and healthy dish filled with the goodness of various vegetables and cherry tomatoes. This dish can be served with rotis, pooris, parathas or rice. Learn how to make this mouth watering dish with the help of step by step photos and detailed recipe given below:
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Recipe Yield: 4 servings
- Broccoli - 5-6 florets
- Baby Corn - 5-6
- Cherry Tomatoes - 6-7
- Green Chilli (hari mirch) - 4 cut along the length
- Tomato (tamatar) - 2 big size
- Onion (pyaz) - 1 big size
- Garlic Petals (lehsun ki kali) - 5
- Cloves (laung) - 3
- Ginger (adrak) - 1 inch piece grated for garnishing
- Haldi Powder - 1 tea spoon
- Black Pepper Powder (kali mirch powder) - 1/2 tea spoon
- Cumin Seeds Powder (jeera powder) - 1/2 tea spoon
- Red Chilli Powder (lal mirc powder) - 1/2 tea spoon
- Coriander Powder (dhaniya powder) - 1 tea spoon
- Salt as per taste
- Fresh Cream - 1 big spoon
- Desi Ghee - 1 big spoon
- Water - 1 cup
- Boil some water in a deep vessel, and then add the broccoli and baby corn to it. Boil them together for 4-5 minutes, and then take them out from the vessel and wash them with cold water from the fridge. This will help the broccoli retain its color and make these vegetables soft.
- Now grind the tomatoes, half the amount of onion, cloves (laung) and garlic petals (lehsun ki kali) into a fine paste. Transfer this paste to a plate and add all the spices (haldi powder, lal mirch powder, jeera powder, kali mirch powder and dhaniya powder) and salt amd mix all the ingredients well to form a paste
- Heat some ghee in a kadhai and add the remaining half amount of onion (pyaz) and cook till they turn red. Now add the masala paste prepared to the kadhai and cook till the ghee seperates from the masala. Then add fresh cream to it and stir.
- When the cream mixes well with the masala to form a uniform masala mixture, add all the vegetables into it and stir for 1-2 minutes to mix the vegetables well with the masala.
- Now add 1 cup water to it and stir. Cover the kadhai with a lid and allow the vegetables to cook over low flame.
- Check at regular intervals till the vegetables are cooked. Cook till the vegetables become soft and the consistency of the gravy has become thick. Then turn off the flame. The baby corn and cherry tomato gravy is now ready to be served.
- Transfer the gravy to beautiful serving bowl and garnish with grated ginger (adrak). This recipe is very colorful, tasty and healthy for people of all age groups.