With the increasing health and weight related issues people nowadays have become more conscious towards taking nutritious diets and incorporating more healthy ingredients in their meals. One of these ingredients is the Flax seeds also known as Linseeds or Alasi or Teesi. This tiny seed is packed with micronutrients, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and healthy cholesterol that help fight several ailments such as, diabetes, heart disease, cancer, hot flashes. Taking small amount of flax seed in regular meal helps in weight loss and keeping the heart cholesterol free.
Given below is an easy and extremely healthy recipe of flax seeds called Alasi ki Chutney or Teesi ki Chutney that is being prepared in Indian household since ages. Learn how to make this nutritious chutney with the help of step by step photos and detailed recipe given below:
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Flax Seeds or Linseeds (Alasi or Teesi) - 2 table spoon
- Green Chilli (hari mirch) - 3-4 or as per taste
- Garlic Petals (lehsun ki kali) - 6-7
- Salt as per taste (namak swaad anusar)
- Lemon (nimbu) - 1/2 of medium sized lemon
- Water - 1/2 small cup
- Mustard Oil (Sarson ka tel) - 1 tea spoon
- Heat a kadhai and take 2 table spoon flax seeds or linseeds (alasi or teesi) in it. Lower the flame to medium level when kadhai is hot and dry roast the flax seeds or linseeds (alasi or teesi) for 5-7 minutes. Then turn off the flame and allow the seeds to cool down.
- Now transfer the roasted flax seeds or linseeds (alasi or teesi) to a mixer jar and add green chilli (hari mirch), garlic petals (lehsun ki kali) and 1/2 cup water to it. Then grind the ingredients together to form a fine paste.
- Transfer this paste to a small serving dish and add salt as per taste, lemon juice (nimbu ka ras) and mustard oil (sarson ka tel) to it. Mix the ingredients well with the paste. (You may not add mustard oil (sarson ka tel) to the chutney depending upon your taste.) The alasi ki chutney or teesi ki chutney is ready to served.