We present to you a healthy and quick evening snack( or breakfast) recipe made from green peas. This protein rich recipe is prepared by cooking the green peas with spiced up tangy tomato and very little oil. Learn how to make this delicious snack with the help of step by step photos and detailed recipe given below:
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Recipe Yield: 4 servings
- Green Peas (hare matar ke dane) - 1 big cup (you can use frozen green peas if the fresh ones are not available)
- Onion (pyaz) - 1 finely chopped
- Tomato (tamatar) - 1 finely chopped
- Ginger (adrak) - 1 inch piece finely chopped
- Green Chilli (hari mirch) - 3-4 finely chopped
- Salt as per taste (namak swaad anusar)
- Turmeric Powder (haldi powder) - 1 tea spoon
- Cumin Seeds Powder (jeera powder) - 1/2 tea spoon
- Black Pepper Powder (kali mirch powder) - 1/2 tea spoon
- Red Chilli Powder (lal mirch powder) - 1/2 tea spoon
- Mustard Oil (sarson ka tel) or Refined Oil - 1 table spoon
- Heat 1 table spoon oil in a kadhai and then add the finely chopped ginger (adrak), green chilli (hari mirch) and onion (pyaz) to it. Saute the ingredients till they turn slightly brown in color.
- Now add the powdered spices (haldi powder, jeera powder, kali mirch powder, lal mirch powder) and salt as per taste (namak swaad anusar) to it. Stir and cook the spices for about 15 seconds.
- Then add finely chopped tomato (tamatar) to it. The tomato (tamatar) will be cooked easily due to the presence of spices and salt in the kadhai.
- When the tomato (tamatar) is cooked and become soft then add green peas (hare matar ke dane) to the kadhai. Stir and cook for 1 minute. Then cover the kadhai with a lid and lower the flame. Cook the green peas (hare matar ke dane) in this manner for 5 minutes and then remove the lid.
- Now stir and cook the green peas (hare matar ke dane) with the spices for 2 minutes. Then check 1-2 green peas (hare matar ke dane) with hands if they have become soft and are cooked. (If the green peas (hare matar ke dane) are still raw then cook for some more time.) Then turn off the flame and transfer the hare matar ki ghugni prepared to a serving bowl and garnish with chopped coriander leaves (hara dhaniya patti), grated raddish (mooli), chopped onions (pyaz) and green chillis ( hari mirch). The hot har matar ki ghugni is now ready to be served.