Soya Chilli is a variation to the veg manchurian dish. Proteinacious soyabean nuggets coated with a tangy gravy made from tomato sauce and soya sauce is a delicious starter. Make this palatable dish with veg noodles with the help of step by step photos and detailed recipe given below:
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Recipe Yield: 4 servings
- Soyabean Nuggets - 1 cup
- Ginger (adrak) - 2 inch piece
- Garlic Petals (lehsun ki kali) - 8
- Onion (pyaz) - 1 medium size
- Green Chilli (hari mirch) - 6
- Corn Flour - 1 small cup for soyabean nugget coating paste + 2 table spoon for gravy preparation
- Salt as per taste (namak swaad anusar)
- Ajino moto - 1 tea spoon for soyabean nugget coating paste + 1/2 tea spoon for gravy preparation
- Black Pepper Powder (kali mirch powder) - 1 tea spoon
- Tomato Sauce - 2 table spoon for soyabean nugget coating paste + 3 table spoon for gravy preparation
- Soya Sauce - 1 tabel spoon for soyabean nugget coating paste + 1 table spoon for gravy preparation
- Refine Oil - as per requirement for frying
- Spring Onion - as per requirment finely chopped for garnish
- Sugar (cheeni) - 1 tea spoon (optional)
- Vegetables for gravy:
- Carrot (gajar), cabbage (patta gobhi) and beans - 1 table spoon finely chopped together
- In a deep vessel or bhagona take 2 cup water and add a little salt to it. Set the water to boil and then add the soyabean nuggets to it to boil for 5 minutes. Then take out the nuggets from the water and squeeze them to strain off the excess water. Keep the nuggets in a big mixing bowl.
- Now in a plate take 2 green chillis (hari mirch), 3 garlic petals (lehsun ki kali) and 1 inch piece of ginger (adrak). Then finely chop the three ingredients.
- In a mixer jar take the remaining 4 green chillis (hari mirch), 1 inch piece of ginger (adrak) and 5 garlic petals (lehsun ki kali). Grind the three ingredients together to form a fine paste.
- Now add 1 small cup corn flour to the mixing bowl containing the nuggets.
- Then add the ginger & chilli-garlic paste (prepared in step 3) to the mixing bowl. (leave 2 tea spoon paste in the mixer jar to be used later for the gravy).
- Add salt as per taste (namak swaad anusar), 1 tea spoon ajino moto, black pepper powder (kali mirch powder), 2 table spoon tomato sauce and 1 table spoon soya sauce to the bowl.
- Now mix all ingredients well with hands so that the nuggets are nicely coated. Do not add water while preparing this mixture.
- Heat some oil in the kadhai and then lower the flame when the oil is completely heated.
- Now transfer the soyabean nuggets one by one to the kadhai and deep fry them till they turn crispy red. Fry 8-10 soyabean nuggets at a time.
- When one side appears crispy red then flip the nuggets slowly and carefully to fry them on the other side. Stir and fry them nicely and uniformly on all sides over medium flame. Then transfer the fried soyabean nugget to a plate with tissue paper. Fry the remaining soyabean nuggets in the similar manner and keep aside to be used later.
- In another big mixing bowl take 2 table spoon corn flour and add 1 big cup water to it. Stir to mix and prepare a flowy solution. (the solution prepared should be very flowy in its consistency because it will become thick when it will be cooked)
- Now heat 1 tea spoon refine oil in a kadhai and add 1 tea spoon finely chopped ginger (adrak) and garlic (lehsun). Saute them till they turn golden red in color.
- Then add 1 table spoon chopped vegetables (gajar, patta gobhi, beans) and saute them too till they become soft and golden red in color.
- After this add the 2 tea spoon of ginger & chilli-garlic paste (prepared in step 3) to the kadhai.
- Add ajino moto and salt as per taste (namak swaad anusar). Stir to mix and cook all the ingredients together.
- Lower the flame to medium level and add the corn flour solution to the kadhai and stir continuously.
- When the solution comes to boil then add 3 table spoon tomato sauce to it and keep stirring.
- After 1 minute add 1 table spoon soya sauce to it and continue to stir and mix.
- If required then add 1 tea spoon sugar (cheeni) to the cooking gravy and mix well.
- Cook the gravy over medium flame for 2 minutes while stirring continuously. When the gravy is cooked and becomes medium thick in consistency then turn off the flame.
- Now add the fried soyabean nuggets prepared earlier to it.
- Transfer the soya chilli prepared to a beautiful serving bowl and garnish with finely chopped spring onion, cabbage (patta gobhi), garlic petals (laehsun ki kali) and grated ginger (adrak). The hot soya chilli is ready to be served.
(Tips: Prepare the soya chilli gravy over medium flame and stir continuously as it cooks)