With winters round the corner Postadana Halwa is one of the most relished dishes during fasts and other special occasions. This halwa is a superfood to satisfy hunger pangs and suitable for expectant and feeding mothers. Savor this healthy delicious halwa with the recipe and step by step photos given below:
Preparation Time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Recipe Yeild: 4 servings
- Poppy seeds (postadana or khaskhas) - 200 grams
- Desi ghee - 2-3 table spoon
- Boiled and thickened milk - 1 cup
- Dry fruits: 3 table spoon chopped to small pieces
- Almonds (badaam)
- Cashews (kaju)
- Pistachios (pista)
- Sugar to taste
- Soak the poppy seeds (postadana) for 2 hours in water. Then grind them in amixer grinder to a form a granular paste.
- Now heat desi ghee in a kadhai with thick base. Add the paste of the poppy seeds (postadana) prepared, to the kadhai and stir.
- Lower the flame to stir fry the paste slowly for about 20 minutes, till it turns red uniformly.
- Now add sugar to it and mix well. Stir for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add the milk to the kadhai, and increase the flame. Keep stirring till all the milk gets absorbed.
- The postadana halwa is now ready to be served. Transfer the halwa to beautiful serving dish. Garnish it with the chopped dry fruits (badaam, kaju, pista) and serve hot.