Tomato soup is one of the most comforting dishes famous across the globe. It has a great sweet and tangy taste that satisfies the taste buds. Learn how to make this creamy and delicious soup with step by step photos and detailed recipe given below:
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Recipe Yield: 2 servings
- Tomatoes - 2 chopped roughly
- Cumin Seeds Powder (jeera powder) - 1/2 tea spoon
- Black Pepper Powder (kali mirch powder) - 1/2 tea spoon
- Red Chilli Powder (lal mirch powder) - 1/2 tea spoon
- Salt as per taste
- Corn Flour - 1 tea spoon
- Beans - 1 table spoon chopped
- Corn (makke ke dana) - 1 table spoon
- Carrot (gajar) - 1 table spoon chopped
- Cheese - grated as per requirement for garnishing
- Coriander Leaves (hara dhaniya patti) - as per requirement for garnishing
- Water - 2.5 big cup (if the required amount of soup is two cups) + 1/2 cup to prepare the corn flour solution
- Boil the water in a deep vessel, and then add the chopped tomatoes to it.
- Boil till the tomato pieces become soft and the water takes up all the color.
- Now strain the stock prepared from the seeds and flesh, in a seperate vessel and keep it to boil on the gas.
- Dissolve the corn flour in 1/2 small cup water such that no lumps are formed. Then add this corn flour solution to the boiling stock slowly and keep stirring while you add the corn flour solution.
- Stir continuously and add salt, cumin seeds powder (jeera powder), black pepper powder (kali mirch powder) and red chilli powder (lal mirch powder).
- Then turn off the flame. (do not overcook the stock otherwise it will become very thick in consistency)
- Serve the hot soup in soup bowl and garnish with cheese, carrots (gajar), beans, corn (makke ke dana) and coriander leaves (hara dhaniya patti). The tomato soup is now ready to be served.