Crispy baby corn chilli is among the most relished indo chinese dish for both starters and main course meals. Learn how to make this beautiful and tasty dish with step by step photos and detailed recipe given below:
Preparation Time: 20 minute
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Recipe Yield: 4 servings
- Baby Corn - 1 packet (10- 12 pieces)
- Onion (pyaz) - 1 medium size chopped
- Garlic (lehsun) - 1 bud (ganthi) of small size
- Green Chilli (hari mirch) - 5-6
- Ginger (adrak) - 1 inch
- Salt as per taste
- Ajino mota - 1/2 tea spoon
- Corn Flour - 3 big spoon
- Tomato sauce - 1 small cup or 3 big spoon
- Soya sauce - 2 table spoon
- Oil for frying
- Red, Yellow and Green Capsicum - 1 small piece each
- Take some water in a deep vessel, add a little salt and set it to boil. When the water starts boiling add baby corn to it and let them cook in boiling water for 1 minute. Then remove them from water and transfer to a plate.
- Take the onion (pyaz), 1/2 inch piece of ginger (adrak), 6-7 petals of garlic (lehsun) and 4-5 green chilli (hari mirch) in a mixer jar and grind them together to form a fine paste.
- Chop the red, green and yellow capsicum (shimla mirch) into small pieces. Then grate the remaining 1/2 inch of ginger piece (adrak ka tukda) and finely chop the garlic petals, to be used later for garnishing.
- Now transfer the onion and garlic-ginger paste to a mixing bowl and add ajino moto, salt and 2 big spoon corn flour to it. Now add 1 big spoon soya sauce and 2 big spoon tomato sauce to it and mix all ingredients well to form a uniform paste. (Remember, not to add water).
- Heat some refined oil in a kadhai. Lower the flame when the oil is heated completely. Now dip the baby corns in the paste prepared and put them in kadhai for frying (you can fry one baby corn at a time or 2-3 baby corns at one time). When one side turns light red, flip the baby corns to fry till crispy red on all sides. (Remember to fry the baby corns on low flame only)
- Now transfer the fried baby corn to a plate covered with tissue paper to absorb the excess oil. The crispy baby corns are now ready to be served as starters or snacks with salad and tomato sauce (as shown in the image below)
- The bay corns can be served in the form of gravy as well for the main course. For this first keep the fried baby corns aside for use in later steps. Then prepare a flowy batter of 1 big spoon corn flour in 1 big cup water in a deep vessel.
- Now heat some oil in a kadhai and add ginger (adrak), garlic (lehsun) and green chilli (hari mirch) into the kadhai and saute them till they turn red. Then add the flowy corn flour batter to the kadhai and stir. Add salt for taste and ajino moto and mix again. To this gravy add 1 big spoon soya sauce and 2 big spoon tomato sauce and stir well to get a uniform color throughout the gravy.
- As the gravy gets cooked add the fried baby corns and half the amount of chopped capsicum (lal, peeli, hari shimla mirch). Stir to mix all ingredients well and then turn off the flame.
- The baby corn chilli is now ready to be served. Transfer the dish to a beautiful serving bowl and garnish with grated ginger (adrak), garlic (lehsun) and remaining chopped capsicum (lal, peeli, hari shimla mirch).
(Tips: 1. ou can add a little sugar alon with ajino moto and salt while making the gravy for baby corn chilli; 2. Stir continuously while making the gravy otherwise it will start solidifying)