Tomato chilli gravy a tangy and spicy gravy thatis rich in Vit C and can be eaten with either hot chapatis or steamed rice. This dish is extremely easy to cook and is very tasty. Learn how to make this dish with step by step photos and detailed recipe given below:
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Recipe Yeild: 4 servings
- Tomato (tamatar) - 5 of big size and chopped
- Green Chilli (hari mirch) - 7-8 Slit opened from the centre along the length
- Mustard oil - 1 big spoon
- Salt as per taste
- Fenugreek Seeds (methi dana) - 1 tea spoon
- Turmeric Powder (haldi powder) - 1 tea spoon
- Cumin Seeds Powder (jeera powder) - 1/2 tea spoon
- Black pepper powder (kali mirch powder) - 1/2 tea spoon
- Coriander Powder (dhaniya powder) - 1 tea spoon
- Red Chilli powder (lal mirch powder) - 1/2 tea spoon
- Mustard seeds (sarson dana) - 2 big spoon
- Garlic (lehsun) - 6 petals
- Water - 4 small cups
- Take mustard seeds (sarson dana) and garlic (lehsun) in a mixer jar and grind them together to form a fine paste. Transfer this paste to a plate and add all spices (haldi powder, jeera powder, kali mirch powder, lal mirch powder) and salt and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the fenugreek seeds (methi dana) into it and allow it to crackle. Then add the paste prepared to the kadhai and allow it to cook till red on low flame.
- When the paste is cooked and oil begins to seperate add the chopped tomatoes. Stir and mix the ingredients and cook. The salt in the paste will help to cook te tomatoes easily and quickly. When tomatoes are cooked and mix up well with the paste to form a uniform masala., then add the green chillis and cook again for 1-2 minutes.
- Now add 4 small cups of water and a little salt to the kadhai. (You can add water as per requirement. Generally medium thick gravy is preferred for this dish) Stir and mix the ingredients and allow the gravy to boil for 3-4 minutes.
- Now turn off the flame and trasfer the dish to beautiful serving bowl. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves (hara dhaniya patti). This vitamin C rich dish is now ready to served with hot chapatis or steamed rice.