Mooli ka achaar is a very easy and quick pickle recipe. It is prepared in 1 day and can be preserved for over a long period of time. Learn how to make this achaar with the help of step by step photos and detailed recipe given below:
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Raddish (mooli) - 1/2 kg
- Salt - slightly more than required for taste
- Mustard Seeds Powder (sarson dana ka powder) - 2 table spoon
- Red Chilli Powder (lal mirch powder) - 1 table spoon
- Cumin Seeds Powder (jeera powder) - 1/2 table spoon
- Turmeric Powder (haldi powder) - 2 table spoon
- Onion Seeds (mungrel/ kalonji) - 1/2 table spoon
- Carom Seeds (ajwain) - 1/2 table spoon
- Mustard Oil (sarson ka tel) - 50 gm
- Wash the raddish (mooli) nicely with plain water and then chop it into small round slices. Take some water in a deep vessel (bhagona/ pateela) and the chopped raddish (mooli) to it. Boil the raddish (mooli) in the water for 5 minutes and then turn of the flame.
- Take the mustard seeds (sarson dana) in mixer grinder and grind it to powder form.
- Now collect all the spices (haldi powder, lal mirch powder, jeera powder, sarson dana ka powder, mungrel/ kalonji, ajwain) in a big plate.
- Strain off the excess water from the boiled raddish (mooli) nicely. Then add the all the spices collected in the plate in the previous step. Mix all the ingredients well with hands.
- Add salt and mustard oil (sarson ka tel) to the raddish (mooli) and dry masala. Mix well again.
- Now transfer the achaar prepared to a glass jar.
- Keep the achaar in the sunlight for 1 day and bring it inside in the evening. The achaar is then ready for consumption with roti, paratha, rice and pooris. (This achaar is ready for use in 1 day only and can be preserved for over a long period of time.)