Besan ka laddu is an easy and delicious festive delight. These laddus are loved by people of all ages. Learn how to make these yummy laddus with step by step photos and detailed recipe given below:
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Recipe Yield: 8
- Gram Flour (besan) - 200 gms (1 katori)
- Powdered Sugar - 100 gms (1/2 katori)
- Desi Ghee - 100 gms (1/2 katori)
- Cloves (laung) - 4
- Cardamom (chhoti elaichi) - 3
- Pistachios (pista) - as per requirement for garnish
- Heat a heavy base kadhai on high flame. Lower the flame when the kadhai is completely heated, and add gram flour (besan) to it. Saute the till it turns light red. Stir continuously on low flame from the base because the gram flour (besan) turns red easily and quickly. (Saute the gram flour (besan) till light red only, because if you saute it more till dark red then the laddu will not taste good. Also, gram flour (besan) that remains white and is not saute well, is not good for stomach). Turn off the flame and keep stirring because the kadhai is still hot and may over saute the gram flour (besan).
- Transfer the saute gram flour (bean) to a big plate and add powdered sugar to it. Mix well.
- Crush the cloves (laung) and cardamom (chhoti elaichi) in a mortar and pestle to form a powder. Add this powder to the gram flour (besan) and mix well.
- Now start adding desi ghee to the laddu mixture prepared. First add half the total amount of ghee and see if the laddu mixture begins to bind. Add more ghee as per requirement and start making laddus as shown in the image below. Te besan ke laddus are now ready.
- Garnish the laddus prepared with pistachios (pista) and serve.