Sweet corn soup is a mild spicy, tangy and sweet delight, which is rich in health benefiting anti-oxidants, vitamins and minerals. Learn how to make this soup with step by step photos and detailed recipe given below:
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Recipe Yield: 2 servings
- Sweet Corn (makke ke dana) - 1 cup
- Butter - 1 tea spoon
- Cumin Seeds Powder (jeera powder) - 1/2 tea spoon
- Black Pepper Powder (kali mirch powder) - 1/2 tea spoon
- Red Chilli Powder (lal mirch powder) - 1/2 tea spoon
- Salt as per taste
- Corn Flour - 1 tea spoon
- Beans - 1 table spoon chopped
- Carrot (gajar) - 1 table spoon chopped
- Cheese - grated as per requirement for garnishing
- Green Chilli (hari mirch) - 1 cut along the length
- Lemon juice - as per requirement
- Coriander Leaves (hara dhaniya patti) - as per requirement for garnishing
- Water - 2.5 big cup (if the required amount of soup is two cups) + 1/2 cup to prepare the corn flour solution
- Take 3/4 cup sweet corn (makke ka dana) in a mixer jar and lightly grind to small granular pieces. Keep the remaining aside to be used later.
- Boil the water in a deep vessel, and then add the grinded sweet corn and the remaining whole sweet corn (makke ka dana) to it.
- Boil till the sweet corn become soft.
- Dissolve the corn flour in 1/2 small cup water such that no lumps are formed. Then add this corn flour solution to the boiling sweet corn solution slowly and keep stirring while you add the corn flour solution.
- Stir continuously and add salt, cumin seeds powder (jeera powder), black pepper powder (kali mirch powder) and red chilli powder (lal mirch powder).
- As the soup becomes thick in its consistency add lemon juice and butter to it and mix well. Then turn off the flame. (do not overcook the soup otherwise it will become very thick in consistency)
- Serve the hot soup in soup bowl and garnish with cheese, carrots (gajar), beans and green chilli (hari mirch). The soup is now ready to be served.