Spinach is widely known for its high iron content and healing properties. Though spinach is not liked by everyone, this healthy, tasty and zero oil recipe of spinach soup is sure to make you fall in love with this leafy vegetable. Learn how to make this nutritious soup dish with the help of step by step photos and detailed recipe given below:
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Recipe Yield: 4 servings
- Spinach (palak) - 500 gm
- Lemon (nimbu) - 1/2 of medium size lemon
- Cheese - 1 table spoon grated
- Salt as per taste (namak swaad anusar)
- Cumin Seeds Powder (jeera powder) - 1/2 tea spoon
- Black Pepper Powder (kal mirch powder) - 1/2 tea spoon
- Red Chilli Powder (lal mirch powder) - 1/2 tea spoon
- Wash the spinach leaves (palak ke patte) well with plain water. Then chop the spinach into 1 inch or 1.5 inch big pieces.
- Then transfer the chopped spinach leaves (palak ke patte) into a cooker and pressure cook for 1 whistle and then turn off the flame. Allow the cooker to cool by itself.
- Now transfer the cooked spinach leaves (palak ke patte) and the water in the cooker to a blender (mixer jar). Churn the blender to form a fine paste of the cooked spinach leaves (palak ke patte).
- Transfer this paste to a deep vessel (bhagona or pateela) and set it to boil. Add a little water if required.
- Then add salt as per taste (namak swaad anusar), cumin seeds powder (jeera powder), black pepper powder (kal mirch power) and red chilli powder (lal mirch powder) to the boiling soup and stir to mix all the ingredients well.
- Add lemon juice (nimbu ka ras) to the soup and mix it well. Cook for 1 more minute and then turn off the flame.
- Now pour the soup in soup bowls or soup plate and garnish with grated cheese. The hot and healthy palak ka soup is ready to be served.