Beetroot soup is an ultimately delicous and healthy soup for blood pressure management. Besides this, its zero oil recipe makes it a great appetizer for people who workout. Learn how to make this delicious soup with the help of step by sstep photos and detailed recipe given below:
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Recipe Yield: 2 servings
- Beetroot (chukandar) - 2 chopped roughly
- Butter - 1 tea spoon
- Cumin Seeds Powder (jeera powder) - 1/2 tea spoon
- Black Pepper Powder (kali mirch powder) - 1/2 tea spoon
- Red Chilli Powder (lal mirch powder) - 1/2 tea spoon
- Salt as per taste
- Corn Flour - 1 tea spoon
- Beans - 1 table spoon chopped
- Carrot (gajar) - 1 table spoon chopped
- Cheese - grated as per requirement for garnishing
- Coriander Leaves (hara dhaniya patti) - as per requirement for garnishing
- Water - 2.5 big cup (if the required amount of soup is two cups) + 1/2 cup to prepare the corn flour solution
- Boil the water in a deep vessel, and then add the chopped beetroot to it.
- Boil till the beetroot (chukandar) pieces become soft and the water takes up all the color.
- Now strain the stock prepared in a seperate vessel and keep it to boil on the gas.
- Dissolve the corn flour in 1/2 small cup water such that no lumps are formed. Then add this corn flour solution to the boiling stock slowly and keep stirring while you add the corn flour solution.
- Stir continuously and add salt, cumin seeds powder (jeera powder), black pepper powder (kali mirch powder) and red chilli powder (lal mirch powder).
- As the stock becomes thick in its consistency add butter to it and mix well. Then turn off the flame. (do not overcook the stock otherwise it will become very thick in consistency)
- Serve the hot soup in soup bowl and garnish with cheese, carrots (gajar), beans and coriander leaves (hara dhaniya patti). The hot beetroot soup is now ready to be served.