Vegetable rolls are delicious hot and crispy wraps containing spiced up crunchy and colorful vegetable stuffing. Learn how to make these lip smacking rolls with the help of step by step photos and detailed recipe given below:
Preparation Time: 15 minute
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Recipe Yield: 2 servings
For dough preparation:
- All purpose flour (maida) - 1 cup maida
- Water - as per requirement
For vegetable stuffing:
- Onion (pyaz) - 1 finely chopped into thin and long slices
- Cabbage (patta gobhi) - 2 cup finely shredded
- Green Chilli (hari mirch) - 5 finely chopped into thin and long pieces
- Red, green and yellow capsicum (lal, peeli, hari shimla mirch) - 1/2 cup (all 3 together) finely chopped into thin and long pieces
- Carrot (gajar) - 1 finely chopped into thin and long pieces
- Salt as per taste (namak swaad anusar)
- Ajino moto - 1 tea spoon
- Tomato Sauce - 1 table spoon
- Soya Sauce - 1 table spoon
- Refined Oil - 1 table spoon
- Knead a soft dough (like that of a chapati) of the all purpose flour (maida) with plain water. Cover the dough and leave it to rest for some time while you prepare the ingredients for the stuffing.
- Prepare small equal sized balls of the dough and roll them into thin flat chapatis.
- Now heat a tawa and put the chapati on it one by one to half cook them. Flip and cook the chapatis slowly and avoid getting any red marks on them.
- Heat 1 table spoon oil in a kadhai and add the chopped onion (pyaz) and green chilli (hari mirch) to it. Saute them till they turn light red in color.
- Now add all the chopped red, green and yellow capsicum (lal, peeli, hari shimla mirch), cabbage (patta gobhi) and carrot (gajar) to th kadhai. Stir and cook the vegetables.
- Add the salt to taste (namak swaad anusar) nd ajino moto to the cooking vegetables. Mix the ingredients well and cook them for 5 minutes.
- Now add the soya sauce and stir rigorously to cook all ingredients together over high flame.
- Then add the tomato sauce and cook in the similar manner.
- Stir and cook the stuffing over high flame for 2 minutes and then turn off the flame. Transfer the stuffing prepared to a seperate plate and allow the stuffing to cool a little.
- Now heat a tawa and grease it with 1 tea spoon oil.
- Then put the half cooked chapati over it. Cook one side till light red spots appear on the base side.
- Place the stuffing in the center of the chapati (as shown in the image below). Then bring together the sides to form a roll.
- Prepare all rolls in the same manner and serve them hot.