Vegetable pasta is an easy way to make your child fall in love with vegetables. It can be served as breakfast or snack and can be carried in lunch boxes as well. Savor the creamy taste of this colorful pasta with an easy recipe and step by step photos given below:
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Recipe Yeild: 4
- Pasta - 100 gms (any type: penne or fusili)
- Red, yellow and Green Capsicum (lal, peeli and hari shimla mirch) - 1 each
- Cherry Tomatoes - as per requirement
- Onion (pyaz) - 1
- Green Chillis - 3
- Broccoli Floret - few pieces as per requirement
- Olive Oil - as per requirement for cooking the vegetables
- Salt as per taste
- Black pepper powder (kali mirch powder) - as per taste
- Cheese - As per requirement
- Fresh cream - As per requirement
- Water - for boiling the pasta
- In a deep vessel or bhagona take some water and add a little salt to it. Allow the water to boil.
- Now add pasta to the boiling water and continue boiling the water till the pasta grains swell and become soft. Then strain off the water using a colander and keep the pasta aside to be used in later steps.
- While the pasta is boiling take all the vegetables (red, green and yellow capsicum (shimla mirch), broccoli, onion (pyaz) and cherry tomatoes) and wash them well. Now chop the red, green and yellow capsicum (shimla mirch), green chilli (hari mirch) and onion (pyaz) into small and thin slices. Also, cut the broccoli floret into medium sized pieces (as shown in the image below).
- Heat some olive oil in a pan and add sliced onion (pyaz) and green chilli (hari mirch) to it. Saute the ingrdients till the onion (pyaz) turns light red in color. (Remember that the onion should not turn dark red in color)
- Now add the sliced red, green and yellow capsicum, broccoli and salt to taste to the pan. Stir and then cover the pan with a lid to cook the vegetables for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the lid and check if the vegetables are half cooked. Then add pasta and stir well to mix all ingredients.
- Now add cheese and fresh cream into the pan and stir again so that the cheese melts and mixes well with the ingredients.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and black pepper powder (kali mirch powder) as per taste to the pasta and mix again.
- Pasta is now ready to be served. It can be served hot and can be carried in tiffins for lunch or snack.