Can be served dry as starters or as gravy in combination with chowmein, the veg manchurian is an absolute delight for your taste buds which leave you craving for more. Its an easy way to make your kids fall in love with vegetables. Learn how to make this incredible Indo-chinese veg manchurian dish with the help of step by step photos and detailed recipe given below:
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Recipe Yield: 4 servings
- Cabbage (patta gobhi) - 1/2 of medium sized cabbage; finely chopped or shredded
- Carrot (gajar) - 1 medium size finely chopped or grated
- Beans - 8-10 finely chopped
- Ginger (adrak) - 2 inch piece
- Garlic Petals (lehsun ki kali) - 8
- Onion (pyaz) - 1 medium size
- Green Chilli (hari mirch) - 6
- Corn Flour - 1 small cup for manchurian balls + 2 table spoon for gravy preparation
- Salt as per taste (namak swaad anusar)
- Ajino moto - 1 tea spoon for manchurian balls + 1/2 tea spoon for gravy preparation
- Black Pepper Powder (kali mirch powder) - 1 tea spoon
- Tomato Sauce - 2 table spoon for manchurian balls + 3 table spoon for gravy preparation
- Soya Sauce - 1 tabel spoon for manchurian balls + 1 table spoon for gravy preparation
- Refine Oil - as per requirement for frying
- Spring Onion - as per requirment finely chopped for garnish
- Sugar (cheeni) - 1 tea spoon (optional)
- Vegetables for gravy:
- Carrot (gajar), cabbage (patta gobhi) and beans - 1 table spoon finely chopped together
- Wash all the vegetables (patta gobhi, gajar, beans) well with plain water and then finely chop them. Transfer the chopped vegetables to big mixing bowl.
- Now in a plate take 2 green chillis (hari mirch), 3 garlic petals (lehsun ki kali) and 1 inch piece of ginger (adrak). Then finely chop the three ingredients.
- In a mixer jar take the remaining 4 green chillis (hari mirch), 1 inch piece of ginger (adrak) and 5 garlic petals (lehsun ki kali). Grind the three ingredients together to form a fine paste.
- Now add 1 small cup corn flour to the mixing bowl containing the chopped vegetables.
- Then add the ginger & chilli-garlic paste (prepared in step 3) to the mixing bowl. (leave 2 tea spoon paste in the mixer jar to be used later for the gravy).
- Add salt as per taste (namak swaad anusar), 1 tea spoon ajino moto, black pepper powder (kali mirch powder), 2 table spoon tomato sauce and 1 table spoon soya sauce to the bowl.
- Now mix all ingredients well with hands to form a soft dough like mixture. If the dough mixture is hard then leave it to rest for some time. The vegetables will release moisture due to the presence of salt and make the dough soft. If the dough is very soft then add a little corn flour and adjust the dough mixture.
- Heat some oil in the kadhai and then lower the flame when the oil is completely heated.
- Now prepare small balls of the dough mixture prepared in the previous steps. Transfer these balls to the kadhai to deep fry them. (fry 3-4 balls at a time)
- When one side appears crispy red then flip the balls slowly and carefully to fry them on the other side. Stir and fry them nicely and uniformly on all sides over medium flame. Then transfer the fried manchurian balls to a plate with tissue paper. Prepare manchurian balls from the remaining dough mixture in the similar manner and keep aside to be used later.
- In another big mixing bowl take 2 table spoon corn flour and add 1 big cup water to it. Stir to mix the 2 ingredients and prepare a flowy solution. (the solution prepared should be very flowy in its consistency because it will become thick when it will be cooked)
- Now heat 1 tea spoon refine oil in a kadhai and 1 tea spoon finely chopped ginger (adrak) and garlic (lehsun). Saute them till they turn golden red in color.
- Then add 1 table spoon chopped vegetables (gajar, patta gobhi, beans) and saute them too till they become soft and golden red in color.
- After this add 2 tea spoon of ginger & chilli-garlic paste (prepared in step 3) to the kadhai.
- Add ajino moto and salt as per taste (namak swaad anusar). Stir to mix and cook all the ingredients together.
- Lower the flame to medium level and add the corn flour solution the kadhai and stir continuously.
- When the solution comes to boil then add 3 table spoon tomato sauce to it and keep stirring.
- After 1 minute add 1 table spoon soya sauce to it and continue to stir and mix.
- If required then add 1 tea spoon sugar (cheeni) to the cooking gravy and mix well.
- Cook the gravy over medium flame for 2 minutes while stirring continuously. When the gravy is cooked and becomes medium thick in consistency then turn off the flame.
- Now add the manchurian balls prepared earlier to it.
- Transfer the veg manchurian prepared to a beautiful serving bowl and garnish with finely chopped spring onion, cabbage (patta gobhi), garlic petals (laehsun ki kali) and grated ginger (adrak). The hot veg manchurian is ready to be served.
(Tips: Prepare the manchurian gravy over medium flame and stir continuously as it cooks)