Oats Chilla is an extremely tasty and healthy breakfast dish. It is a low calorie dish that be made very easily in very less time. If you are thinking of easy healthy options for breakfast then this recipe of oats chilla is a must try. Learn how to make this tasty breakfast dish with the help of step by step photos and detailed recipe given below:
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Recipe Yield: 2 servings (2 chilla per serving)
- Plain Oats - 1 cup
- Gram Flour (besan) - 2 table spoon
- Curd (dahi) - 1/2 cup
- Water - as per requirement
- Carrot (gajar) - 1 small sized finely grated
- Green Peas (hari matar) - 1 table spoon
- Ginger (adrak) - 1 inch grated
- Green Chilli (hari mirch) - 4 finely chopped
- Turmeric Powder (haldi powder) - 1/3 tea spoon
- Salt as per taste (namak swaad anusar)
- Olive Oil (or any other refined oil) - as per requirement to cook the chiila
- Curry Leaves (kari patta) - as per requirement
- Take the oats in a mixer jar and grind the oats to a fine powder form.
- Now trasnfer the oats powder to a deep mixing bowl and add the gram flour (besan) to it. Mix the two ingredients well.
- Then add 1/2 cup curd (dahi) and 1/2 cup water to the to the bowl and mix them well with the powdered mixture and prepare a uniform batter of medium thick consistency. (The batter prepared should neither be of very thin nor very thick consistency.)
- After this add turmeric powder (haldi powder) and salt as per taste (namak swaad anusar) to the batter and mix again.
- Now add curry leaves (kari patta), chopped cgreen chillis (hari mirch), grated carrots (gajar) and green peas (hari matar) to the batter and mix well. Then allow the batter to rest for 10 minutes. This will allow the batter to rise and become thick in its consistency. After 10 minutes stir to check that the batter has not become very thick in consistency. And if it has, then add some water to adjust the consistency of the batter and make it medium thick.
- Then heat a non stick tawa and grease it with 1-2 drops of olive oil.
- Now pour 1 ladle full of batter onto the tawa and spread it in a round disc shape like dosa with the back side of the laddle.
- Pour 1 tea spoon olive oil on all the sides and flip the chilla using the flat ladle when the bottom side turns cripy red. Again pour 1/2 tea spoon olive oil on the sides and cook till the other side also turns red and crispy.
- When both the side are cooked well and are crispy red, then turn off the flame and transfer the chilla to a serving plate. The hot, crispy, healthy and extremely tasty oats chilla are ready to be served with any chutney or salad.
(Tips: Cook the chilla on medium flame only.)