Specially for children here comes a lip smacking dish of macaroni pasta with colorful vegetables and creamy texture. This dish can be carried in lunch boxes or can be served for breakfast or evening snack. Learn how to make this macaroni pasta with the help of step by step photos and detailed recipe given below:
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Recipe Yield: 3 servings
- Macaroni - 1 big cup
- Tomato (tamatar) - 2 big size finely chopped after removing the seeds
- Onion (pyaz) - 1 big size finely chopped
- Garlic Petals (lehsun ki kali ) - 4 finely chopped
- Green Chillis (hari mirch) - 4 finely chopped
- Ginger (adrak) - 1 inch piece finely chopped
- Black Pepper Powder (kali mirch powder) - 1/2 tea spoon
- Salt as per taste (namak swaad anusar)
- Red Chilli Powder (lal mirch powder) - 1/2 tea spoo
- Cheese cube - 1 grated
- Tomato sauce - 2 table spoon
- Olive Oil - 1 table spoon
- Red and yellow Capsicum (lal, peeli shimla mirch) - 1/2 small cup
- Milk (doodh) - 1 small cup
- Fresh cream - 1 small cup
- Parsley (ajamod) - fresh or dried powdered form as per requirement
- Boil some water in a deep vessel (bhagona or pateela) and then add macaroni to it. Add a little salt and continue to boil the macaroni till it becomes soft. (Stir continuously so that the macaroni doesn't stick to the base. Check the macaroni with hands if it is cooked properly)
- Now pour the contents of the bhagona into a seive or colander to strain off the extra water from the macroni.
- Heat 1 table spoon olive oil in a kadhai and add chopped ginger (adrak), garlic petals (lehsun ki kali) and green chillis (hari mirch) to it.
- After a few seconds add chopped onion (pyaz). Saute the onion (pyaz) till it turns little red in color.
- Then add the chopped tomato (tamatar) and salt to taste (namak swaad anusar) into the kadhai. (Salt will help the tomato to cook easily and make them soft easily). Mash and chafe the tomato (tamatar) a little.
- Now add red chilli powder (lal mirch powder) and tomato sauce to it. Mix and stir coninuously for 1-2 minutes.
- After this add the chopped red and yellow capsicum (lal, peeli shimla mirch) followed by the boiled macaroni to the kadhai. Stir and mix all the ingredients.
- Add cream and milk (doodh) to the kadhai after some time and stir to mix all the ingredients well.
- Then add the grated cheese to the kadhai and lower the flame. Stir rigorously to mix all the ingredients.
- Add the black pepper powder (kali mirch powder) and fresh or dried powdered parsley (ajamod) to the pasta being prepared.
- Mix and then turn off the flame. The hot macaroni pasta is ready to be served.