Black chickpeas (kala chana) and whole green gram (sabut moong) have ample amount of protein and calcium. Both of them can be incorporated in our daily diet in the form of sprouts. But many people do not like to eat the sprouts alone. This recipe of chana and moong sprouts chaat is a delicious way to serve the healthy sprouts. It is easy to make and can be served as breakfast, brunch or snack meal. Learn how to make this sweet, tangy and healthy sprouts chaat with the help of step by step photos and detailed recipe given below:
Preparation Time: 24 hours approximately for soaking and sprout formation + 10 minutes for ingredients preparation
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Recipe Yield: 4 servings
- Black Chick Peas(kala chana) - 1 cup soaked overnight or for 6 hours in plain water
- Whole green gram (chilke wali moong dal or sabut moong) - 1 cup soaked overnight or for 6 hours in plain water
- Boiled Potato - 1 big size
- Green Chilli - 3 finely chopped
- Carrot (gajar) - 1 chopped into small pieces
- Tomato - 1 big size
- Cucumber (kheera) - 1 chopped into small pieces
- Meethi Imli aur Gud ki Chutney - 1 table spoon
- Chaat Masala - 1 tea spoon
- Salt as per taste
- Red Chilli Powder (lal mirch powder) - 1/2 tea spoon
- Lemon - 1/2 or as per requirment
- Coriander Leaves (hara dhaniya patti) - as per requirement for garnishing
- Sev - as per requirement for garnishing (if sev is not available you can use bhujiya)
- Wash the soaked black chickpeas (kala chana) and whole green gram (sabut moong) once with plain water and then transfer all of it to a clean cotton cloth. Bring the edges of the cloth together to form a potli and then hang this potli to allow the soaked ingredients to sprout. It takes 10 hours approximately in summers for the soaked black chickpeas (kala chana) and whole green gram (sabut moong) to sprout, while it takes approximately 24 hours to sprout in winters.
- When the sprouts are ready wash them again with plain water and then spread and keep them in a beautiful serving plate.
- Slice the tomatoes into thin and round slices and arrange them over the layer of sprouts.
- Now peel off the boiled potatoes and slice them into thin and round slices. Now add these potato slices to the sprouts in the similar manner.
- Then add the chopped carrot (gajar) and cucumber (kheera) pieces toit.
- Now add the sweet or Meethi Imli aur Gud ki Chutney to it and sprinkle some red chilli powder (lal mirch powder), chat masala powder and salt over it.
- Add the sev to the chaat being prepared and again sprinkle some chaat masala.
- Then garnish with chopped green chilli (hari mirch), coriander leaves (dhaniya patti) and lemon. The chana and moon sprouts chaat is ready to be served.