Lemon Rice is a tasty, easy to make and a popular rice recipes of South India. Its a hassle-free dish which can be prepared for lunch boxes or can be instantly made from the left over rice. Learn how to make this tangy and tempting rice recipe with the help of step by step photos and detailed procedure given below:
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 8 minutes
Recipe Yield: 1 serving
- Boiled and Cooked Rice (paka hua chawal) - 2 big cup
- Lemon - 1/2 of medium size
- Salt as per taste (namak swaad anusar)
- Turmeric Powder (haldi powder) - 1/2 tea spoon
- Split Bengal Gram (chana dal) - 1 table spoon
- Peanuts (moongfali dana) - 1 table spoon
- Refined Oil - 1 table spoon
- Curry Leaves (kari patta) - as per taste and requirment
- Black Mustard Seeds (rai) - 1 tea spoon
- Take the boiled and cooked rice (paka hua chawal) in a deep mixing vessel and lemon juice squeezed from 1/2 of a medium sized lemon. Then mix it well with the rice with hands.
- Now heat 1 table spoon refined oil in a kadhai and add the peanuts (moongfali dana) to roast then till they turn crispy red. Then trasfer them to a plate to be used later.
- Now roast the split Bengal gram (chana dal) till it turns cripsy and red and transfer it too, to a plate to be used later.
- Then add 1 tea spoon black mustard seeds (rai) and curry leaves (kari patta) to it.
- When the mustard seeds begin to crackle then add the turmeric powder (haldi powder) and the lemon mixed rice (nimbu mila hua chawal) to it.
- Now add salt as per taste to it and mix well. Stir and cook the lemon rice for 3-4 minutes over high flame.
- Then turn off the flame and add the roasted peanuts (moongfali dana) and split bengal gram (chana dal) to it.
- Mix all the ingredients and the lemon rice is ready to be served hot. (This dish can be eaten hot or can be carried in lunch boxes to be eaten later)