Beetroot is widely known for its medicinal benefits of boosting the immune system and producing new blood cells. Besides, the amount of vitamins and minerals are abundant. This dish of beetroot rice incorporated all the goodness of this amazing vegetables. Its easy recipe makes it a great lunch box dish. Learn how to make this easy, tasty and nutritious dish with the help of step by step photos and detailed recipe given below:
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Recipe Yield: 2 servings
- Carrot (gajar) - 1 grated
- Beetroot (chukandar) - 1 small size grated
- Peanuts (mungfali) - 1 table spoon
- Lemon (nimbu) - 1/4 piece of medium size
- Curry Leaves (kari patta) - 10-12
- Ginger (adrak) - 1 inch piece finely chopped
- Onion (pyaz) - 1 finely chopped
- Chilli Mirch (hari mirch) - 4 finely chopped
- Mustard Seeds (rai) - 1 /2 tea spoon
- Refined Oil - 1.5 table spoon
- Salt as per taste (namak swaad anusar)
- Steam cooked Rice (pake huye chawal) - 1 big cup
- First peel and then wash the carrot (gajar) and beetroot (chukandar) well with water. Now grate the two ingredients seperately in two different plates.
- Heat 1/2 table spoon refined oil in a kadhai and add the peanuts (moongfali dana) to it. Fry the peanuts (moongfali dana) till they turn crispy red. (do not blacken the peanuts)
- In the same kadhai add the mustard seeds (rai) and curry leaves (kari patta).
- Allow the mustard seeds (rai) to crackle and then add finely chopped onion (pyaz), ginger (adrak) and green chilli (hari mirch) to the kadhai. Saute the ingredients together for 1 minute.
- Then add the grated carrot (gajar) and salt as per taste (namak swaad anusar) to the kadhai and stir to cook for 1-2 minutes. Now remove the sauteed ingredients to a plate.
- Now add 1 table spoon refined oil to the same kadhai and grated beetroot (chukandar) to it. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Then add the steam cooked rice (pake huye chawal) and salt as per taste (namak swaad anusar) to the kadhai. Stir to mix and cook the ingredients together.
- Now add the lemon juice and the sauteed ingredients to the kadhai and mix well.
- Then transfer the beetroot rice prepared to a serving plate and garnish with fresh curry leaves (kari patta) and the deliciously succulent beetroot rice is ready to be served.