Tamatar ki meethi chutney is sweet condiment relished with stuffed parathas and kachoris. People of all ages love this chutney. Learn how to make this delicious chutney with step by step photos and the detailed recipe given below:
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Recipe yield: 1.5 cup (12 servings, 2 tbsp per serving)
- Tomato (tamatar) - 4-5 chopped into big dices
- Whole red chillis (khadi lal mirch) - 2
- Jaggery (gud) - as per taste (use sugar if jaggery is not available)
- Fenugreek seeds (methi dana) - 1 tea spoon
- Salt to taste
- Mustard oil (sarson ka tel) - 1 table spoon
- In a kadhai heat the mustard oil, and add 1 tea spoon fennel seeds (methi dana) to it.
- When the fennel seeds (methi dana) begin to crackle , add the whole red chillis (khadi lal mirch). Saute the red chillis (khadi kak mirch) until it turns red. Remember not to blacken the red chillis.
- Lower the flame and add the diced tomatoes (tamatar). Cook them on medium flame.
- Add salt to taste. Adding salt at this stage will also help the tomatoes (tamatar) to cook easily.
- Mash the tomatoes (tamatar) a little and add the jaggery (gud) into the kadhai. Start stirring to mix all ingredients.
- Again lower the flame, cover the kadhai with a lid and allow the chutney to cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and nicely mash the cooked and tender tomato pieces. Turn off the flame.
- Transfer the chutney in a beautiful bowl and serve with hot stuffed parathas.